My Story

I am a mother of two (plus an angel) and a former educator. 

In July of 2013, my daughters and I were in Minnesota visiting family. We LOVED taking camping trips together. On our way home, another driver cut us off on the freeway causing our vehicle to lose control.


I am thankful every day that my children weren't hurt. I wasn't so fortunate. 
I was unable to return to my former work because of my resulting spinal injuries.

That Fall, I decided to spend more time designing and making jewelry. I have been making art jewelry since I was a young girl. I love stories and I enjoy creating meaningful wearable art to honor the stories of friends and loved ones. Then, I was invited to join Origami Owl as an Independent Designer. I began designing floating lockets and other jewelry creations as my primary business.

Since then, I've created and sold many of my custom designs. A friend of mine was even able to help me get my designs into the hands of Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson! Can you believe it???




The past year and a half has been an amazing journey and has filled my life with opportunities to meet people like you. What's more? It's something my girls and I can do together and reminds us to count our blessings every day.


 

 

That's my story. Now it's your turn. Who are you? Where have you been? What do you love? 

Let me create a custom design for you that 
celebrates your story or as a gift for a loved one. And please, subscribe by email to this blog to see what else I'm working on.

Shop online here: www.lisapalkki.origamiowl.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your questions and comments. Thanks!